|Maple Sea Salt Doughnuts
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
3 tablespoons almond meal
2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 1/2 tablespoons Michele Maple Crème Syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted + slightly cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
large flaked sea salt, topping
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup Michele Maple Crème Syrup
1 to 3 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your doughnut pan.
2. Combine the oat flour, sweet rice flour, almond meal, cane sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl, mixing until well combined.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs together, then add the milk, applesauce, maple crème syrup, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a large wooden spoon until just combined, being careful not to over mix (stop when you no longer see dry flour).
5. Spoon the batter into the doughnut molds filling to just below the top of each mold, 1/8” to 1/4” from the top.
6. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
7. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Slide a thin spatula around the edges of the doughnuts to help loosen them out, then place on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before topping.
8. Stir the glaze ingredients together with a fork until fully combined. Add more milk if a thinner consistency is desired.
9. Invert the doughnut into the glaze letting the excess drip off, or drizzle the glaze over the doughnut.
10. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and let set until hardened.
|← Previous Next →