12 bacon slices, cut in half
Partially cook bacon in a large skillet. Wrap each scallop with 1 half slice bacon. Set aside. Bring syrup to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in butter and next 3 ingredients. Thread bacon-wrapped scallops on 12 (10 to 12-inch) skewers; brush maple crème syrup mixture over kebabs. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place kebabs on rack; grill, covered with lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting often.
Sweet & Spicy Strawberry Salsa
About one (1) pint of fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced)
Prepare all the ingredients and combine in a large bowl. Cover tightly and refrigerate to chill. Serve scooped with your favorite gluten-free chips or as a topping over grilled seafood/chicken/tofu.
Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 or equivalent sized baking dish well with nonstick spray then set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and applesauce. Add sugar and honey crème syrup then whisk to combine. Add jalapenos then whisk to combine. Add eggs and buttermilk then whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda. Whisk into dry ingredients in two batches. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Honey Creme Syrup Bread
2/3 cup warm water
In medium bowl, mix together water, honey crème syrup, dry milk, shortening, and yeast. Stir in whole wheat flour.
2. Mix in bread flour, a quarter cup at a time, until dough pulls away from the bowl.
3. Turn dough out onto floured board and begin to knead for about 10 minutes or until smooth
4. Grease medium bowl. Put dough in bowl and turn so that the dough is greased on the top. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until double in size.
5. Punch down dough. Turn out onto floured board and knead for about 5 minutes. Shape dough
6. Grease loaf pan. Put loaf in pan, cover with clean cloth and allow to rise for about 30 minutes
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on rack or clean cloth.