Buttermilk and Honey Biscuits
• 1/4 cup shortening
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and prepare a small sheet pan by lightly spraying it with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a small bowl beat the buttermilk, honey crème syrup and egg together with a fork.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, and then cut in the butter and shortening with a pastry cutter or two forks.
4. When the flour and fat creates a course, crumb like texture add the buttermilk, honey–egg mixture. Stir until the flour is just moist.
5. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface, and gently knead the dough until it is soft and somewhat smooth, about 15 times.
6. Roll out the dough until it is about 1′′ thick. Cut the biscuits with a round cutter or juice glass and place on the baking sheet. Rub the milk over the top of the biscuits.
7. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes or until just golden. Serve hot.
Fresh Lemonade Syrup Recipe
3 cups sugar
In a 1-1/2-qt. heat-proof container, dissolve sugar in boiling water. Cool. Add lemon juice and peel; mix well. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Yield: 5-1/2 cups Michele Honey Crème Syrup (number of batches varies
• To prepare lemonade: For 1 serving, combine 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey crème syrup and 3/4 cup
– cold water in a glass; stir well. For 8 servings, combine 2-2/3 cups syrup and 5 cups cold water in a 2-qt. pitcher; stir well. Yield: 1 serving.