Fried Chicken With Pecan Honey Glaze
• 1 (3 1/2-pounds) frying chicken, cut up, or your favorite chicken parts
Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Beat the eggs in a 9 by 13-inch dish. Lay the chicken pieces in the dish, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Turn the chicken and season the other side, then slosh the chicken parts around in the egg until well coated. Put enough shortening or oil in a cast iron pan or electric skillet to come just halfway up the sides of the chicken parts. Heat the shortening or oil just until smoking, about 375 degrees F. Put the flour in a paper bag, add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat well. Remove the chicken with tongs and place it in the hot fat. Cover the pan, leaving a crack for steam to escape, lower the heat to 325 degrees F for electric skillet, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken with tongs, cover again (leaving the lid open just a crack), and cook for 10 minutes longer. Very large pieces may need to be cooked a little longer. Drain the chicken on paper towels and transfer to a platter.
Honey Mustard Collard Greens
4 cups collard greens, washed and chopped
1. In a large skillet, melt bacon grease over low heat. Add garlic and onion, stir, and sauté for about five minutes, until fragrant and translucent.
2. Deglaze pan with red wine, then add collard greens and balsamic vinegar. Stir continuously for about five minutes, until the greens begin to wilt and turn bright green.
3. Add mustard and honey crème syrup, stir thoroughly to coat all the leaves, and remove from heat. Serve immediately. Serves 2. What looks like a huge pile of raw greens turns out to be just right for two people! Double or triple recipe as desired, but don’t cook too much! These are best freshly cooked—leftover greens don’t translate.
Honey Soy Sauce Chicken
|Honey soy sauce chicken|
• 6 chicken drumsticks
1. Combine the honey crème syrup, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and seal, removing as much air as possible. Refrigerate to marinate for an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 425oF
3. Lay chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 160oF. Every 10 minutes, brush some of the remaining glaze on the drumsticks.
4. Turn on the broiler and boil the chicken for 3-5 minutes, until crispy. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds
Sesame Honey Chili Potatoes
3 potatoes, peeled and cut into fingers like for french fries
1. Combine potato fingers, oil, red chili powder, tomato sauce, crushed garlic and salt and place in a zip lock bag and shake well. Grease a baking tray and spread the potato fingers on the tray and bake at 200 degrees C for 35-40 minutes You need to turn the potato fingers once during the baking process. OR you can deep fry the potato fingers to a golden brown shade. If deep frying add a tbsp of corn flour instead of oil to the potatoes and then deep fry. Remove onto absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed vessel, add oil, add the crushed garlic and sauté on high flame for few seconds. Add the red chili paste, tomato sauce and vinegar and combine. Add the baked potatoes and toss for a minute on medium-high flame. Add the honey crème syrup and toss the contents till well combined. Turn off heat. Adjust salt if required.
3. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and garnish with spring onion greens or coriander leaves and combine. Serve warm as a starter/appetizer.
Grilled Salmon with Michele Maple Creme Syrup Recipe
1 pound salmon fillet
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
Whisk together the maple crème syrup, chives, olive oil and lemon juice to obtain a well-combined marinade. Place the salmon in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Turn to coat the other side.
Grill the salmon until flaky and browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with summer vegetables or a salad.
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
2 lbs organic chicken breasts
Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
Honey Glazed Meatballs
In a large bowl combine eggs and milk. Add the bread crumbs, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Honey Barbecue Meatloaf
1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss one slice of soft white bread in your food processor and grind it into crumbs. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, fresh bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce, the spicy brown mustard, 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon honey crème syrup, salt, and black pepper. Shape the mixture into a long, thick log and place in an oiled baking dish.